Friday, January 9, 2015

I Woke Up Like This

this week was a little hectic....
monday Elder Keith and I had 3 investigators to visit. the last one we visited was reallllly hard and it didnt go so well. we were a little bummed because when we visited Jorge last time everything went well and then this one was just horrible. we didnt understand why.. soo took a little more time to plan our next lesson with him. We taught him again yesterday and everything went great ahhh it was such a great feeling to see everything turn around and see the change in his heart as we finished up our lesson with him yesterday. Our spanish was amazing as well. So this week my companion and I learned a lot about showing our love to the investigators because that is something very important. Our lessons have been getting better and better the more we practice. its kinda cool to see how much better we have gotten at teaching and speaking spanish since the first day that we were here.
One of the districts in my zone leave to Argentina next week... sad to see them go but we are getting another district the same week. My district is Hosting for when the new missionaries come in next week. we are all excited. This week my companion and I have come to realize we have the same mind. I was laying in bed one night and was softly singing 867-5309 (Jenny) by Johnny Tutone .. something like that..
and all of a sudden I hear Elder Sandall and Elder Keith start singing along.. we all started laughing. Both of them said at that same moment they were thinking of the same song for some reason. it was funny and later on this week.. for some reason this song by Hanson was stuck in my head.. in class Elder Keith and I just started singing Hanson.. haha it was soo funny. he was thinking of the same song as well. Our teacher Hermano Martinez didnt think it was funny... hahah we still laughed.. its kinda weird how randomly my companeros and i just randomly break out into song haha with a few simple words we will be off... I was sitting in bed and Elder Anderson and Sandall were talking about something and all I said was "Tell Me Why" and then we all just broke out singing I want it that way by Back Street Boys at the same time hahah.. ahhh its sooo weird butttt soooo funny hahaha... I get along great with my companero and the Elders in my room... haha sometimes not as much with Elder Anderson.. he's what we call.. a "Sweet Spirit". for a few nights this week he kept getting mad because he wasnt able to get to sleep cause we are talking at night.. soo Elder Keith and I went and bought him some ear plugs, Elder Sandall (his companion) was in on it too. we all thought itd be a funny little joke but come bed time... he did not think it was that funny.. I have a problem with laughing during serious situations haha.. everything is good now and he doesnt get mad anymore haha. hes a good guy.
This week marks my half way mark here at the MTC.. its a little weird that i will be leaving so soon but its also wayy exciting..A lot of the missionaries here cant wait to be out where they were called too... theres a little joke that goes around here and is suggested not to be said to the new missionaries.. it goes like.. What is the difference between the MTC and prison??
in prison you get visitors..

ahh they are so dramatic haha its not even that bad here. all the food you can eat i mean come on.. its awesome..haha i mean yeahh you can gain a little weight here but soo what..if you love to eat food. then eat food. dont let carbs hold you back from enjoying a great awesome meal.

something funny happened this week also. so an Elder in my Zone called Elder Vorwaller is this short little guy. well in our rooms we have bunk beds and on the top bunks there are guard rails to prevent missionaries from falling off. well Elder Vorwaller crawled under the guard rail head first and went underneath the top bunk without touching the bottom bunk. I thought it was pretty cool so one night in our room. I wanted to try it cause i bet i could do it. I may be bigger than him but i could do it. well i started to crawl under the guard rail and was half way under the top bunk and was about to let go of the rail when all of a sudden there was a loud bang and i ended up on the floor on my back with the guard rail in hand.... I managed to rip off the guard rail... it was probably the funniest thing to happen so far in our room.. it hurt soo bad but it was soo funny.. everyone was laughing ahh it was great until the next day when i tried to do sit ups hahahah. ahhh just thinking about it makes me laugh hahah. Missions can be very spiritual and uplifting and also a little adventurous.A lot of the teachers here keep reminding us that we are to not be robotic missionaries.. and to have a little fun. relax. laugh a little. thats what i say to all the robotic missionaries i encounter. dont forget to be happyyyyyyyyy!!!!

the first picture goes out to all my amigos back at home. I love you guys.

 "I woke up like this"

 the second picture was a little funny to come across in class. we were talking about the plan of salvation and open up the pamphlet and all of a sudden... im like.. guys.. guysss.... thats my cousin, his wife and his son.. they didnt believe me and i was like no im not kidding thats my cousin Marco. hahah it was funny..funny. hope everyone is doing well!!

P-Day basketball in the room with the elders next door. 

My district. (District C)

No comments:

Post a Comment